Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Melissa said, "In the beginning..."

So I decided to start a blog...I do find it a little hard to just bare my soul to friends, let alone strangers, but I decided that I was tired of wishing I would do something and instead have decided I will stop being afraid and just do it.  I have always wanted to write.  When I was young I kept diaries all the time.  I loved the creative writing assignments in school and even participated in a couple young authors' conferences.  Somewhere along the way I just stopped writing, stopped keeping a journal, and didn't think much about writing anymore. Since my health ordeal (which I will address in another post for those who do not know what happened to me) I have decided that I am going to stop being scared to try things, and just do them. I started keeping a journal again and I decided to start this blog and hope that maybe someone might like to read about the strange musings that go through my head.

While ultimately I want to get back into creative writing, I think just putting some writing out there will be good for me.  Since my disability I have found myself kind of blowing in the wind, stuck in limbo, not knowing what I am going to do with myself.  I hate feeling this way so I think writing about what happened to me and how it has changed my life will be a healing process.  A way for me to work through the feelings I have about the situation and a way to maybe encourage others in the process.  That is my hope, that someone will benefit from seeing what happened to me, seeing that I made it through, and be encouraged and know that whatever their trial may be, they can get through it too.

Finally, I hope to also gain insight from my readers.  I have a lot of feelings and questions that I struggle with everyday.  I hope that maybe someone who reads this can help me through these struggles and I can be encouraged that I will get through the journey that I still have left to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment